This is among the most popular places for stunning panoramic views and sunsets of Madrid, and is one of Madrid’s summer hot spots.
The official name of the park is “Tio Pio”, but people from Madrid call it “Siete Tetas” (literally means “The Park of the Seven Boobs”), named after the seven hills.
From these formations, some sights stand out in the distance:
- The domes and capitals of Madrid de los Austrias, for instance the San Francisco el Grande Church, the Plaza Mayor, the Cathedral of Almudena
- The area around Gran Vía, in particular the Telefónica building and the Edificio España.
- The Paseo de Recoletos and the Columbus Building (Edificio Colón)
- To the north side, you can see the Sierra de Madrid in the backdrop. In winter, the snow-capped peaks are picture-perfect.
- Also to the north you can see the Kio Towers, Pirulí and the Cuatro Torres (“Four Towers”)
- To the south you can see Enrique Tierno Galván Park.