CERCANIAS (COMMUTER TRAINS):
With Cercanias we can get to monumental cities like Alcalá de Henares, Aranjuez, o el Escorial. From Puerta de Atocha Station we have all the lines.
METRO MADRID (SUBWAY):
The Madrid subway is onw of the best in the world, clean, safe, accessible to everyone due to escalators and elevators in most of the stations…
MADRID BY BIKE:
Madrid has a public service for bike rental (BiciMad), prices for not residents are: 2€ for the first hour and 4€ for the next 30min. They have an electric motor, for helping with the slopes.
Taxis in Madrid are white with a diagonal red strip on the front door. Available taxis have a green green light on top. Nowadays there are many taxis in the city (both moving as in the taxi stops) so its immediate to get one when we want.
MADRID – BARAJAS AIRPORT
- Taxi: Fixed fee, 30€ from the airport to Madrid downtown.
- Metro: 55min from Sol station to Aeropuerto T4. You’ll need to pay the normal fee + 3€ for the airport supplement.
- Cercanias (commuter train): It just takes 25min from Sol station to Aeropuerto T4, but the frequency is every half hour. Price: 2.5€ one way. Warning: Cercanias only stops at terminal 4, not the rest of the terminals.
- Express Bus: trips from Atocha (or Cibeles at nigth time) to the airport. There is one every 20min (or 35min during night time). It takes around 40min to get there. Works every day of the year 24h. The fee is 5€ each way.
- Private transfer: we provide private transfer.
ROUTES BY TRAIN FROM MADRID TO OTHER CITIES IN SPAIN
Spain has a big rail network that connects cities and towns, here you can have a look at a the timetables and fares for the long distance trains.
Some of the most popular trips from Madrid:
- MADRID-SEGOVIA: It takes 28min by high speed train (AVE), from Atocha Station to Segovia Station. The price is 12.5€ one way.
- MADRID-TOLEDO: It takes 33min by high speed train (AVE), from Atocha Station to Toledo Station. The fee is 12.5€ one way. We can offer you a day-trip to Toledo from Madrid.
- MADRID-ARANJUEZ: It takes 45min from Atocha or Sol station. The fee is 3.95€ one way by cercanias. We can offer you a day-trip to Aranjuez from Madrid.
- MADRID-SEVILLE: It takes 2h 30min by high speed train (AVE), from Atocha Station to Sevilla-Santa Justa Station. The price is around 85€ one way (discounts if you buy the round-trip ticket).
- MADRID-BARCELONA: It takes 2-3 hours by high speed train (AVE), from Atocha Station to Barcelona-Sants Station. The price is around 140€ each way (discounts if you buy the round-trip ticket).