El Escorial is both a Monastery and a Palace, a magnificent building constructed in the 16th century to symbolize the centre of power in “the Empire where the Sun never sets”. This architectural treasure also contains other artworks that you’ll discover visiting its rooms. And El Escorial is also famous for housing the Royal Mausoleum, the burial place for the kings of Spain.
Day trip to El Escorial from Madrid
Total duration of the trip is 4 hours:
- 1h drive from your hotel to El Escorial
- 2h tour in El Escorial
- 1h drive back to your hotel
On Monday El Escorial is closed
Total price for a private group (with minivan or bus):
- 1 person: 396€ (car)
- 2 people: 404€ (car)
- 3 people: 412€ (car)
- 4 people: 420€ (minivan)
- 5 people: 428€ (minivan)
- 6 people: 436€ (minivan)
- 7 people: 566€ (private bus)
- Each additional person 10€ (up to 29)
- Licensed tour guide
- Entrance to El Escorial
- Profesional driver and private transportation
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel
To book your day trip please send us an email to email@example.com and we’ll confirm availability for your dates.
Combination of El Escorial with other sites
If you don’t have many days in Madrid, but you also want to visit other sites, you can combine them in the same day:
Escorial and Segovia:
- Segovia is a picturesque town with a castle and a roman aqueduct. Look here at some photos and things to see in Segovia
- This combination is a 9h private day trip from Madrid, the itinerary would be: 1h15 trip to Segovia, 3 hour tour in Segovia, 1h lunch break in Segovia, 1h trip to Escorial, 1h30 tour in Escorial and 1h trip back to Madrid.
- E.g. price for group of 2 people 730€
Escorial and Valley of the Fallen
- Valley of the Fallen is a church carved into a mountain, where thousands of people who died in the Spanish Civil War are buried.
- Is very close to Escorial and really worth a short stop
- Read here for more information and prices about this day trip.
Escorial and Toledo:
- Toledo is one of the top destinations around Madrid, you can check here some things you’ll see in Toledo
- This combination is a 9h private day trip from Madrid, the itinerary would be: 1h trip to Escorial, 2h tour is Escorial, 1h25min trip to Toledo, 1h lunch break in Toledo, 2h30min tour in Toledo and 1h back to Madrid.
- E.g. price for group of 2 people 812€